Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Stars and How I Appreciate their Beauty

Dazzling. Sparkling. Twinkling.

It’s just so sad to know that the only thing that could make you smile genuinely isn’t there when you needed it the most.

Twenty four hours ago, I am sitting exactly where I’m sitting right now. But last night was bliss. It’s perfect. Tonight?

Tonight is a starless night. I can see nothing but pure darkness, except for some clouds shrouding the only stars bright enough for me to see. This kind of night sky usually gives me a moment of stillness and peace. But not tonight.

I miss the dazzling stars. I miss their beauty. I long to see them once more tonight.  I love the distraction these stars provide.  Why won’t I? Every time I take a look at them, it’s as if I am transported to another dimension with only me and the stars. Nothing seems to matter except for how they twinkle and make lovely patterns in the sky. Their beauty is enough for me to forget. 

So I miss those stars. I miss them especially now that I need their beauty to contemplate positively, to motivate me to think of happy thoughts and eradicate all the negative things and bitterness in me.

 Because tonight is a special night. It’s the first of December. The first of the 31 days where I have to be strong and not to struggle with the fact that he’s not with me this Christmas. The first Christmas I’ll have without him. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.