Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Looking forward for Christmas

Awesome and sparkling christmas lights, giant lanterns, huge and tall christmas trees, these are all a nice wonder to the sight.

But, actually, to see the face of God is my heart's one desire.

So sweet, right? I was actually moved and touched by that song played earlier as I was having mass. Truth be told, I was even teary-eyed. Being the emotional, sentimental person that I am, I want to cry. Still, I find it hard to convey emotions in the Catholic church, especially during mass. A lot of people were there and I think people will be freaked out if I suddenly cried. That is the one thing I like in Victory, among all the other Christian masses I've attended. I've cried once and nobody cared. It's as if they understood why I am crying. 
Not that I condemn the Catholic church for that. Maybe, it is culture that Catholics are not very expressive during masses.

Anyhow, Father Betbet, our parish priest, was very powerful in delivering the homily. I just want to share the lessons I've learned. :)

Today, well, technically, last night... anyhow, it's the second week of advent. And Father Betbet is telling us that it is about Juan Bautista, the one who baptised Jesus Christ. But it's not just about the baptism but also about how he is a proud servant of God that tells people to open up their hearts for the coming of the Lord. 

Father even cited examples as to when people truly accept God as their Lord and Savior. He said most of the times, it's in the hospital where the patients are very sick, dying and is hopeless. Another is in the prison where people are sentenced a lifetime imprisonment. 

Bottomline, most of us accept God as our God if we are hopeless. If we have nowhere to run to. Father even said, "Hihintayin pa ba nating magkasakit tayo ng malala o makulong tayo ng panghabambuhay bago natin siya tuluyang tanggapin sa ating mga puso?" 

I was actually ashamed. Ashamed of myself and for everything. True enough, I come to God during my weak moments. I come to Him whenever I feel weary and depressed. I seek Him everytime I'm hopeless and in despair. But whenever I'm happy and gay, I always fail to thank Him, for giving me such happiness. I become too high... too proud of myself that everything good is all to my credit. I have forgotten that all the things I own, all of the things I'm proud of were given to me by Him.

I always say I love Him and that I accept Him as my Lord God and Savior, but I lack in action. I'm just pure words. So this season of Christmas, I will not only be ready for all the wonderful decors, for all the bright lights, and for all the gifts I'll be receiving. They are all just secondary purposes this Christmas. What I should be looking forward this Christmas is His birth. Until then, I'll ready my heart for His coming.

Good night everyone. :)

2 comments:

Krishna Lou Ayungao said...

I looooove this post. :DD The church isn't a place where people should act like they got it all together. It's a place where we could be ourselves, knowing we have problems, and knowing that we have a God who is faithful and remembers His promises. As for your case, He promised that:
1. It wouldn't be easy, but He will never leave you. (Joshua 1:5)
2. He is close to the broken-hearted. (Psalm 34:18 and Psalm 147:3)
3. He is our comforter and friend. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)
4. He is our healer. :) He restores. (Matthew 13:15 and 1 Peter 5:10)
5. He is there in our times of need. (John 15:13)

And lastly, love won't always be enough. We do love Him. And the reason why people say that without God, we are nothing, because it takes His grace alone for us to do the right things. It takes His grace for our lifestyles/actions to back up our love for Him. All the credit goes to Him. Even you feeling this way is by His grace. :) And His grace is sufficient, His power will be made perfect in your weakness. (2 Cor 12:19)

Hahaha, eto edited version. <3

Rona Gie Blanco Amaranto said...

Nice Krish. Thanks. ♥ I love all the verses you shared. :) Really for my case huh? hehe.

Sobraaang thank you!

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.