Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TypARTgraphy

While the ever famous typography is artistic arrangement of different typefaces, font sizes, length and spacing, typARTgraphy is a play on the words typography and art. Basically it is the use of different typefaces, letters, colors etc., to create a visual art.

My DEVC141 teacher challenged us to do just this. So here's what I came up with:

This is a whale. Well, at least I intend it to be.
I used the lower case of the letter "L" as the body of the whale. Small "V"s for the fin and for the water coming out. The water sprays and the tail is composed of the letter "3". The eye and the mouth are done using the characters, ) and ^ respectively. 

But, then again, with my visualization skills and designing techniques, it may not do justice to typARTgraphy. So here are some of the better examples I found on Google. Click the photo to view the original website. This artist is indeed talented... *sobs.*







0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.