Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

In an Attempt to Make Him Happy

Poem written on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 8:41pm

If I remember it correctly, my ex-boyfriend needs to pass 5 poems about certain topics. And on our conversation, he happened to have asked for my help. Being the willing victim girlfriend that wants to make her boyfriend happy, I obliged and wrote a poem about the topic "nature".

But to make the long story short, in the end, he did not use this. And thus, the irony is not lost on me: what a befitting title.

Forgotten and Forsaken

I have been walking endlessly
In this land full of misery
I hadn’t known the Earth would be
This lonely without any glee

I forced my eyes to see
What beauty has forsaken me
Rivers that are brown
Made my head go with a frown

Trees are cut mercilessly
By the machines effortlessly
I hear them crying saying no more
But the people just continued just like before

The love of Mother Earth has turned blue
Her sadness is felt without any clue
 Is this her revenge for everything we’ve done?
I wish time would return to do things undone

The hotness is felt by everyone in this place
The ice is melting leaving no trace
This indeed is global warming
That happened without any warning

Of course we deserved this
Since we’re occupied with our own bliss
Being very happy, you and me

Forsaking nature by means of technology

2 comments:

Krishna Lou Ayungao said...

Totally not a poem writer, Rona. Change your style. Didn't even finish reading the poem. HAHAHA. Btw, I love the new look. <3 Perfect for the title. Hoy, baka addicted ka na masyado sa manga. :)) they're not real books just because they're on paper, you know? =))))) What rudeness. HAHAHAHA!

Rona Amaranto said...

Oh c'mon. Okay lang yun. Besides, the poem was so laaaast year. Though I really know na I'm really not cut to be a poet. Hahaha. The only poems I've written, na medyo tolerable, are when we broke up. lol.

PS: yuuh. adik na ko sa manga. And hell no, books pa din siya kahit comics yun. I accept no criticisms for manga. HAHAHAHAHA.
I think I'm much more of a reader than a writer. HAHAHAHA. Coz, I love to live in their make-believe worlds. ♥

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.