Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Confession of a Shopaholic 1

This is not a book review.
This is a confession. A confession of a shopaholic.

Well, I really don't know if i should be called a "shopaholic". But then, I digress, if I cannot be called as a shopaholic, then what am I? Nevertheless, let me tell you my tale.

Ever since my boyfriend and I broke up, I have some extra money left. Though it's not that much. (Back then, that money was used for our every weekend dates. lol) So now, every time I go to a mall, I always, always bring out my ATM card (I always deposit my savings :D) and pay via BPI. Haaiist. CAll it impulse buying if you may, but I just really can't stop myself from buying... especially when I read these 4 dreadful letters: S-A-L-E.

So a while ago, my mom and I went to the mall to bring her laptop to claim its warranty services. Since it'll take time, my mom decided to go home and asked me to stay behind and wait. While waiting, I roam around and found myself at the department store. Without any further ado, I just noticed myself buying a pair of sandals and a tee. -_- Not only that. I also went to the grocery store and buy all those luxury toiletries I just bought. Not to mention I also bought an earring, necklace, anklet and a ring today.

It's not too much. Isn't it? Usually, "shopaholics" spend around more than a few thousands in just a single purchase. But I just spent around P1,300. Still, that's not the point. The point here is instead of saving, I always end up saving.

And frankly speaking, I'm scared. If this is how it's going to be... then I might not achieve what I want to achieve in the future. I will just be stuck in the middle of waiting and wanting, but in reality, there's no progress and the cycle repeats until I'm old and grey: saving a little, spending too much.

2 comments:

Krishna Lou Ayungao said...

"Instead of saving, you end up saving"? That got me confused. :) Anyhooo. I was like that, and kind of still am. Good thing is, I always don't have money, and God ends up providing for me via other people, without me asking. HAHAHA! P1,300?!?! Adik! Haha. Kahit ganyan nagagastos ko dito dahil dollars ang halaga, maliit lang yun dito, at malaki yun jan! Yes, you are a shopaholic in context, my dear. :))

Rona Amaranto said...

Sorry typo, edited na, don't worry. ;)

I knoooooow. Grabe, natatakot na ko para sa sarili ko. hahaha. I don't wanna be, you know. ;)

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.