Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Shall I send this? xD

                Hi! Merry Christmas! JHow are you? We haven’t talk that much recently and I don’t exactly know your endeavours. But I wish you luck in everything that you do and I hope you find the happiness that you seek for.


                I wrote you this letter a week after our break up. Please read this. Don’t worry. It is not a bitterness letter. It also is not a desperation letter. But this, my love, is a thank you letter. I know that you’re not the type of person who expresses in words or in any other sense, a person who loves reading and the words. JBut please, please do read it until the end.

                One day, as I was on the jeepney sitting, my mind was drifting. It was travelling through ideas, experiences and most especially reflecting on my present life. I’ve realized that I’ve been so hard on you. Forgive me. I was just caught up in my own emotions for the first days of our break up. But I’ve realized that I was wrong to do that. You’ve done nothing wrong.

                In fact, I should be thankful that you happened… that we happened. For the two years of our relationship, I’ve been happy, very happy for most of it. That alone, I should be thankful to you. You’ve done your part fulfilling the boyfriend you are to me. You’ve made me memories, bittersweet memories that I will remember as long as I live. I’ve learned so many new things with you. Together, we’ve discovered new beginnings, built hopes for the future and dreamt big and aimed to achieve them.
                That paragraph may sound too ideal. Yes, it may be exaggerated but it’s true anyway. The magic of words just gave it a new light to it. In this relationship, both you and I have had disappointments and frustrations. But that’s normal. Instead, aren’t just we supposed to be thankful for all those trials that we’ve survived that made us last for two years?

                Thank you dear. I really am. For some part there, I know you really- in your heart- do love me more than anything else in the world. I thank you that even for such a short moment I have experienced that feeling. “To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and be loved is everything.” I’ve already known how to experience that everything, all thanks to you.

                And be calm, for I don’t blame you of anything. It’s not your fault that your love for me gradually grew weaker and eventually faded as you fell truly in love with somebody else. In this case, the only thing I can say is thank you, for loving me enough not to give up on me the last few months you were deliberating with yourself. Thank you for giving me a chance… for giving us a chance. In the first place, I just charmed you to love me. You really aren’t in love with me in the first place so thank you because even though, I know that what we’ve shared is real. I hope for your happiness.

                Frankly, I don’t even know if you’re reading up to this point. Reading does bore you a lot. And for all the two years I’ve personally known you more than my own self, I am confused. It seems like I don’t know anything about you at all.

                You’ve always evaded talking about your feelings even before. It is always I who does the rants and shares my anguish. You just tell me your good times. That’s why in this situation I don’t know if you are just creating that façade that you don’t care. Because of that, I’ve envisioned two possible reactions if ever you have bothered to read until this part of the letter.

                First is that you’ll be touched because for one, I actually understood how you are feeling, that I’ve seen you through your façade. The other option will be this will just be another insignificant letter because the façade I’m telling you I’m seeing is not really a façade meant to cover up what you’re really feeling. But they are your real feelings. You just don’t really care. 

                I do hope it’s the first one. So that you’ll know how much thankful I am that you’ve been a part of my life… a part of me that I will carry on always.
     
                                                                                                                                                                           Love,                                                                                                                                                                            Ronagie

4 comments:

Krishna Lou Ayungao said...

Well, sabi nga ng globe, it's time to go lang ng go. Haha. Seriously, I think you should send it. He tried, and well, I want you to say to yourself someday that "at least I've tried." Even when he may not read it, he might pick it up someday and see things in a new light. He might remember the end that you had as not bitter, but as grateful as you should both be for each other even when everything's over.

Hahaha. words.

i.am.rona said...

Yeah, words. You too have send him that "open letter".

"Pick it up"? Haha. How do you think I'll send this? via snail mail? LOL.
Most probably, via Facebook lang. hahah! :DD

Unknown said...

It's the first.

Unknown said...

It's the first.

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.