Purging negativities to grab a hold on my sanity.

Monday, November 21, 2011

RECOLLECTION

This is the very first poem I've written to express my feelings. Just like with Jessie, my ex-boyfriend, who I have been denying up to now that has been my boyfriend, I used to remember things quite clearly months after we've separated, the date, the time, the place even what he have said. But thinking back, I have forgotten those memories which I can recall back then very vividly. Therefore, it can be concluded that I am to forget every excruciating detail and just remember the whole picture. I don’t want that to happen, so here is ‘Recollection’ a poem of how it has happened.



It was a lovely Thursday noon
I was very excited to see you soon
“Alas! After a long time!” was what I said
And I get ready, also a scarf, I shed

In a place full of people we both decided to meet
But suddenly you led me to a place full of green
The grass is calming and the wind is blowing
Then I realized that something will be shocking

You sat on a big square stone and urge me to do so
So I sat beside you like an obedient little fellow
An awkward silence passed between us
I thought it was normal so I did love the hush

But frankly I just didn’t know how I should react
It’s been more than a week since I last saw a smile cracked
But why does it feel to me like I’ve long lost your love?
You’ve been very cold to me but with reasons I did believe

So I turned on in a deaf ear that listens every word
Then out of that silence you called out to plaid
If I was still listening and hearing what you said
Of course I am. I am very much aware

 You even ask me what I was thinking
That confused the hell out of me
‘Coz you never once bothered to know
What I was really thinking

So when you threw the bomb right at my face
I really don’t know how I should feel
When you very oh slowly tell me how you reel
Those feelings for her that overpowers your will

I am in denial, “No this isn’t happening!”
So I asked you if you are sure at what you’ve been thinking
Then you said yes, and I was really frustrated
I thought it was just a plan to leave you incapacitated

You told me you love her better than you have ever loved me
You told me how her face haunts you in your dreams
You told me how her face appears in your memories
You told me how you became close when you played The Sims

I was left there silenced not knowing what to do
Yes, I’ve said I’ll leave you if you didn’t love me
But I was not expecting somebody else in the scene
So yes I am bitter and wanting to scheme

I then realized how pitiful I am
As I try to make you love me when obviously you can’t
I’ve told you to scale your love for me
And I got a 93

Then there she goes,
Simply walking pass by you
Then what does she get?
An amazing 96.

I did everything I can to make us last long
But I guess, our foundation is not just that strong
To surpass the long distance and withhold all the storms,
True love is needed and not a forced affection

I’ll really miss you, but what can I do?
“I’ll be here as long as you needed me to.”
You don’t need me anymore, so I have been told
So thus ends the tale, of the years we’ve had together

Indeed one can’t work out for true love to happen
It just simply acts on its own and attacks you in silence
But when it did, then that’s the time you use all your power
To make it last, for that’s only the time when that happiness is forever.

©ronagie, 10-21-2011

2 comments:

Krishna Lou Ayungao said...

Oooh. I have that one too! Here, check!
http://foreverafternever.blogspot.com/2011/05/what-is-it-really.html

i.am.rona said...

Know what? I actually had hard time making poems. Yeah, oo nga tuloy tuloy yung thoughts pero restricted kasi sa poem. Never in my mind had I thought of making short stories out of it. Your post just gave me an idea.

Oh well, consider me as a copycat. :)) HAHAHA.

Post a Comment

© 2013 A Cathartic Journal, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena. Powered by Blogger.